Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yummy Stirfry

I wish I had taken a picture of it, because it was good! I adapted a recipe I got off of the Pioneer Woman website. I'll tell you what I did:

4 carrots, scraped and cut into rounds
1 onion, sliced thin
2 large chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
2 garlic cloves , crushed
peanut oil
1/2 C low sodium chicken broth, divided
2 tsp. arrowroot
1/4 C. low sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 yellow squash, sliced
2 - 3 cups cut up broccoli
1 package mushrooms, sliced
Hot cooked rice
Heat large pan on high heat. Add peanut oil to pan, maybe a Tbsp and a little more. Add chicken and stirfry. When nearly done, add carrots and onion. Cook for awhile, then add garlic. Later add squash, broccoli and mushrooms. Wait a few minutes in between each new veggie addition. I really like my onions and carrots to carmelize. Meanwhile take soy sauce and add sugar to it. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside. Add 2 tsps arrowroot to 1/4 Cup chicken broth. When veggies are done to your tastes, deglaze pan with 1/4 Cup chicken broth without the arrowroot. Then add soy sauce mixture. Then add the chicken broth with the arrowroot. You will have to stir it again quickly before you add it. Cook and stir until sauce it thickened. Serve with rice. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment