Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Teacher

After school today I was working on report cards in my classroom. Curtis was reading and I thought Alyssa was watching Animal Planet. Then I started hearing her talking, but Curtis wasn't answering. I didn't hear screaming, which she would normally do if Curtis didn't answer her, so I stopped what I was doing and looked over at her. She had pulled a chair to the front of the room and was sitting in it. I heard her say, "OK everyone, sit on the carpet. Brandon sit on your spot. We are going to go thought the alphabet now. A is for apple. B is for ball..." It continued like this through the whole alphabet. Then she went up to the board and started writing, "OK class what letter comes next?" She was writing "I see a zoo." I love that girl! She has such a vivid imagination. That is one of the things I love about her. I love being her mother. The older she gets the more I love her. I think it is going to be fun watching her grow up.

3 comments:

  1. I love watching her grow up too. It's so neat to see her personality grow and mature. Every time I see her, I feel like I get to know her a little better & she is just the cutest, funniest little girl! Wish we could see her (& you all) more often.

    Interesting what you said about kids being who they are at 6, if that's true, Alyssa is going to be one awesome adult. At least they're not who they are at 2 1/2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. We miss you Alyssa. Every time we see our friends' kids playing with their cousins ('cause even though there are two generations of Lowes in Toquerville, we're transplants, so no cousins) I think about you guys.

    We miss Curtis too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a great person, I remember when she was very little and I wondered if I could love her as much as Curtis and if she'd be quite so much fun. She is, just in a very different way!

    ReplyDelete