Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pinewood Derby


Today was the Pinewood Derby. Curtis and Mike have been working on their cars for several weeks. Mike let Curtis do as much as he possibly could. When I asked if he used the saw to cut the car, Mike told me that he had with his help. What a good Daddy! It was a fun day and the boys seemed to really have a good time. Mike had built a car too, but let Matthew, Curtis' friend who isn't old enough for Cubs yet, to race it.
There were some dads there who were very competitive. I hate that part of it. I am glad that Mike just wants Curtis to learn good sportsmanship and have joy in the experience.
They did this weird bracket elimination kind of like the final four stuff. Even though Curtis consistently had the second fastest car, he didn't even place.



Mike's car is the red one on the end. Curtis' car is the wider of the 2 dark blue cars. There are three cars in between Mike's and Curtis'.

All in all a good, successful day.

2 comments:

  1. The pinewood derby can be fun but there's always a dad or two that try to fudge on the rules to get an edge. It should be about having fun, using tools and good sportsmanship I say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was jamie... your blog is so hard to post a comment on... I dont' know why but it really likes to give me a hard time...

    ReplyDelete