Friday, February 13, 2009

Lincoln's Birthday

Every year we get Lincoln's Birthday and President's Day off. Most of the time (like this weekend) we get a four day weekend. Now that Mike also works for the school district, he gets these days off too. We decided to take the kids to In-N-Out Burger for lunch and then to The Living Desert.

Mike helped his brother this morning, so we didn't end of leaving until 10:30ish. We went to In-N-Out Burger first. I love that place sooooo much. I wish we had one closer, but then maybe I don't. I love those hamburgers so much. No other hamburger tastes as good and their french fries... mmmmmm perfection.
Then we went to The Living Desert. It is this great little zoo in Palm Desert, CA. They have African and North American desert animals. We love it. We have been there dozens and dozens of times. It never gets old. The kids love it.

The first thing we did was go to the Butterfly and Hummingbird pavilion. When we got there, there was a sign out front that said the butterfly viewing was poor. That was not the case at all. We saw more butterflies than we ever have before. One even landed on my arm, of course we didn't get a picture, because I was the one holding the camera. Here are some pictures I took of some of the butterflies I saw:

But the most beautiful butterfly and humming bird I saw were these two:



We saw so many beautiful animals today. It made me feel grateful for the wonderful world I live in. There is so much beauty and diversity. It makes me respect and love the Lord so much for his creations. Here are a few more animals we saw:
I'll post some more pictures of the kids tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment