Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a week!

This has been the longest week! Probably because I was unprepared to go back to work this past Monday. Having 3 snow days before Christmas break didn't help. So I used all recesses and all my lunches, plus a lot of time after school, to keep my head above water this week and prepare for next week. I was so glad I made it through the week! It was touch and go there for awhile. Alyssa had ballet on Monday night, Curtis' Cub Scouts meeting was cancelled for this week, so after school activities were not that bad.

I worried about the dogs during the day too, because they have gotten very used to being inside a lot of the day and it is still cold most of the time. Here is a picture of Belle one morning, looking really pitiful right before she went outside for the day. Don't you feel really bad for her?
Last weekend, Mike and Curtis built a doghouse for the dogs. They did a really good job. Alyssa got to help Dad and Curtis paint it. I will try and take a picture of it and post it later, because they did such a great job.

3 comments:

  1. This is the reason Emily won't let me have a dog... or so she says. She tells me that she would feel bad making a cute little dog like that go outside in the cold.

    Emily has an aversion to guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor, poor Belle! Glad Mike, Curtis and Alyssa are looking out for the dogs!
    Did you all see the full moon last night? WOW!!
    We love you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is fun to work with your kid on the cub scout stuff. It creates lots of opportunities for conversation and fun activities. speaking of... I'm trying to get reorganized in helping Jacob get his bear. This morning he made part of his breakfast, part of his lunch and helped me put together a casserole for dinner. HE will be making the dessert for FHE after school (treacle scones) and helping with the lesson. I think he will be passing off 3 cub requirements and 2 Faith in God requirements by the time his head hits the pillow tonight! wahoo!

    ReplyDelete