Thursday, January 15, 2009

That's Me the Wal-mart Greeter

My extra duty this year is to watch the quad area of the school in the morning. The children come in through the cafeteria and either eat breakfast before heading out to the playground or just head out. I make sure no one runs, goes into activity centers 3 and 4, and no one walks on the upper sidewalk next to activity centers 3 and 4. I basically feel like a Wal-mart greeter. "Good morning and good morning to you."

One bright spot in my morning is seeing 3 former students who I adore. One is a sixth grader who I had as a second grader, one a 5th grader who I had for two years in a combo class first as a 1st grader and then a 2nd grader. The last student is a 3rd grader who I had last year. These 3 girls are probably all on my top ten favorite student list, so it really makes my day to get hugs from them. The other bright spot of my day is this cute little 1st grade boy. Everyday his clothing style changes. One day it is a neat little dapper vest, dress shirt and one of those newsboy type caps. Oh and he carries a soft briefcase instead of a backpack. He is adorable! That's what he wore yesterday. Today he was in full cowboy regale. Hat, shirt, boots, jeans. I wish I could stop him everyday and take a picture. That probably wouldn't be good though.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if he pick out the outfits or his mother does. Maury had a girl in her ward in Palmdale that wore Scarlett O'hara dresses to church. Maybe they need a little drama in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday it was full on soldier gear. Cap, flack jacket, combat boots, camo pants, etc, etc. I guess we do live near the largest Marine base in the US. I tell you, he makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what they say, every family needs a doctor, a lawyer and a Walmart greeter! hey! 2 out of three ain't bad!!

    ReplyDelete