Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank you Dr, King!

I admire Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for many reasons. His beautiful words, his bravery, and most of all because of him I get the day off. Now I hope you will picture all these fun activities in your mind, because yes, I forgot the camera.

Mike was going to take the kids camping this weekend, but because of the events of last week, they lost that opportunity. We decided that we would take them for a picnic. I got up early, (despite getting up with Alyssa at 2:00 and then again at 2:30. She had an earache.) and made egg salad and chocolate chip cookies, packed up the cooler, showered and got the kids ready. About 10:00 we left for Indian Cove in Joshua Tree National Park. We went to a picnicking area, climbed rocks, hiked around and ate our lunch of egg salad sandwiches (ham for Alyssa), chips, apples, and chocolate chip cookies.

When we finished, we drove into 29 Palms and went to the visitor's center. We came home and took naps. Again, Thank you Dr. King! I think Curtis was the only one who didn't sleep. Mike had a dentist appointment at 4:00 and Alyssa had a ballet class at 4:30. I could sure tell she didn't feel really well. I wouldn't have taken her, but the ballet recital is on January 31st and her class needs as much practice as possible. There are some really undisciplined children, who interrupt and don't listen well at all in this session.

Again I wish I had not forgotten the camera, because I tell you, there would have been great pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I can just picture those kids scrambling all over the rocks. I love Joshua Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks to MLK, we were able to spend the day with the Marquesas and Maury, Uncle Ted and Merry. It was a full day and a good one. Glad you were able to spend it with the family and that the weather cooperated. Love to you all. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. I wish MLK could of liberated veterinary hospital managers too, but alas...I had to work. Sounds like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete