Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

The kids and I celebrated New Year's Eve day by sleeping in, dressing up like Batman, (the kids, not me, although that would be interesting!) and going to see The Tale of Despereax. We loved the movie. It was a great movie. I have not read the book yet, but I would love to now. Curtis loved that the girl who plays Hermoine in Harry Potter was the voice of the princess. There were lots of great actors doing the voices for the different characters.




Our New Year's Eve consisted of us eating salsa chicken cooked in the crockpot in tacos and spanish rice. I made extra chicken so I could make enchiladas in a coupld of days. Christy came over, ate with us, and spoiled my kids. She brought them Christmas presents. Curtis got a couple of games for the Wii and Alyssa got a little sleeping bag for sleep overs. They both were very excited. We celebrated the New year a little before 10:00, as Alyssa was getting grouchy (I know you all are stunned that Alyssa would be getting grouchy). We had sparkling cider and rice krispie treats for our treat. I had bought a bag of poppers, hats, streamers and horns for the celebration. The kids blew their horns loudly, while I covered my ears, party pooper that I am. Then we popped all the poppers and threw the streamers. Then we cleaned up the mess. I think all of us were in bed before 12:00. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. awesome party. Aunt "T" makes every holiday better. It's true. It sounds like you guys had fun. Some of mine had a sad sick new years eve. I just posted a/b it so I won't go into detail here. Yuck. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete