Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm a Janitor

Today I went to meet a friend for yogurt. Mike was working, doing a side job, so my mother-in-law took care of the kids. They love to go over there. She has toys from when my husband and his siblings were young and Curtis and Alyssa think those toys are the coolest! Of course Grandma spoils them rotten, so that helps too. Today Grandma gave Alyssa part of her Christmas present that hadn't arrived until after Christmas. Grandma told Alyssa that it was so she could help mommy. My daughter has a rich and vivid imagination. We often hear her talking to "friends" telling them what to do. This is the present. It is a little cleaning cart with a broom, bucket, dustpan, mop, and a toy vacuum. I thought she would want to pretend to be mom and clean stuff up. Nope. Using a deep voice, she announced that she was the janitor. She proceeded to go around the house "cleaning". At one point I asked her to pick something up and instead of just picking it up, she said, "Sure I'll get that done for you, because I'm the janitor." She went and got her cart and picked it up and then vacuumed and swept up the area. If only she would turn into the janitor when I ask her to clean her room. At dinner she announced that when she grew up, she was going to be a janitor. If this is true, please let it be just to put herself through college.

No comments:

Post a Comment