Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday

Today we had our first 1:00 church meeting for the year. How many does Sundays until we change back to 9:00? I hate church in the afternoon. No opportunity for a nap is the worst part.

Last night I reminded the children that they would be getting new teachers in primary. Alyssa has been very lucky and has had Sister Werner for two years. Last night the look on her face when I told her that she would be going to a new class with a new teacher was so sad. The bottom lip came out and she said, "Sista Wenew isn't going to be my teacher?" She was so sad. I felt so bad for her. I told her that she had been very lucky to have had Sister Werner for two years. Curtis, being the mature man of the world that he is, said, "That's ok, I'll miss Sister Prudholm, but it is ok."

We got to church early and saw Sister Werner and I told her that Alyssa was really sad about moving to a new class and a new teacher. She told me that she was moving with her class. You never saw a happier little girl! She was so excited!

Church was good, no weird testimonies. A cute little marine that just got out of basic training and arrived from Michigan at 12:00 noon today, bore a very sweet testimony. I swear he looked like he was about twelve years old. Also our new missionary bore his testimony and it was very sweet. After Sacrament meeting Bishop Mecham asked Mike and I to come into his office. He called us to be the Den leaders for Curtis' cub scout den. I think he is the only Wolf. It sounds fun.

Now I'm just trying to get ready for tomorrow. School starts again and I'm not ready as I lost my two prep periods to snow days. So good night for now!

3 comments:

  1. We have 9 o'clock church this year! Hurray! For the little ones, there's a lot of Sabbath day left after church to keep holy, but for me, nap time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is fun to work with your kid on the cub scout stuff. It creates lots of opportunities for conversation and fun activities. speaking of... I'm trying to get reorganized in helping Jacob get his bear. This morning he made part of his breakfast, part of his lunch and helped me put together a casserole for dinner. HE will be making the dessert for FHE after school (treacle scones) and helping with the lesson. I think he will be passing off 3 cub requirements and 2 Faith in God requirements by the time his head hits the pillow tonight! wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops.. I posted the wrong comment on this post. that was for the more recent post....
    what I meant to say here is.....
    Yea for Alyssa. I bet Sister Werner is a good teacher. Is it Elly or STarr? or a different sister Werner alltogher? both would be fun teachers I bet. The January change can be hard for the little ones. we also have 1pm church. It's not my favorite either.

    ReplyDelete