Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shopping with Alyssa

Yesterday Alyssa and I decided to go to the outlet mall in Cabazon. Big mistake! For those of you who have been there, we had to park down past the McDonald's and like the pioneer children we walked and walked and walked and walked some more. People were so rude, too. You would have thought we weren't even there, the way people pushed and shoved us.

We bought Alyssa some cute clothes at Gymboree. Then we went to the kitchen store and bought oil for my new wonderful huge butcher block cutting board that I got from my parents for Christmas. Finally we went to Wilson Leather and got me a new purse, which I love!

We tried to stop at the little food courts to get something to eat, but couldn't even get in to either one. So we ended up walking back down to the car, putting our stuff in, and going to McDonald's. Yuck! I don't know about you, but when I go shopping, McDonald's for lunch doesn't cut it.

When we got home, Mike made the comment that we sure had been gone a long time for the little bit we bought. I explained that we had spent more time parking and walking than we had shopping. Even though we walked more than we shopped, I think we had fun. That little girl can talk and talk. Her observations are so cute and I truly enjoyed being with her.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to have a girl to go shopping with. My boys HATE shopping. They get so bored and let me know it. I like the parfaits at McD's but that's about it. oh maybe the french fries but nothing else... oh except a diet coke with lemon. make it at least 3 lemon slices and I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mom here trying to rid head and neck of a huge pain...woke up at 2:00 with it; so I was glad to see you'd written some. You write a good blog. We enjoy it. I could just picture Cabazon...Glad you were able to go. What kind of oil did you get for the cutting board?
    While I'm here which one of the 6 daughters rec'd blue and white fuzzy socks in their Christmas sock? Found a pair; washed it and am looking covetously at them. Speak up.
    Hope it isn't cold and windy where you are. It sounds like everything outside is being rearranged against their will. Aruugh! I hate wind! But!!! I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to say, I'm glad I wasn't with you. Alyssa is fun to talk to, but I'm still not wishing I'd been there. I hate Cabazon when it's like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Maury, I love Alyssa, but I am not sad I wasn't able to go.

    ReplyDelete