Thursday, February 11, 2010

Right Place, Right Time

Tonight after Scouts I needed to run to the store for some things. I don't usually go to Von's, because it is more expensive. I only go when I know that something is on sale or Staters doesn't carry what I need. We were a little late, because one of the boys didn't get picked up right away. I was slightly irritated, because I was really tired and wanted to get home.

Anyway, as we were driving to the store an announcement came on the radio saying that a 12 year old boy was missing and had run away. He had left a note, but hadn't been seen since 2:30 when he left Friendly Hills Elementary. They gave his name, what he was wearing, what he looked like, etc.

So, for some unknown (to me) reason, I pulled into the Von's parking lot. As we were parking, a young boy, wearing exactly what the radio said, walked right by. I got out of the car and said, "Brandon?" He said, "That isn't my name." I said, " Oh, you look familiar, what is your name?" He said, "Brendan. Do you know me?" I said, "Oh, you look familiar to me. What's your last name?" "Surprise, " he answers. That was the kid's name on the radio. So I tore into Von's to get the sheriff's number. It was a Yucca number, so I thought I would get right to someone who could help. I didn't, I got the rudest lady. She was really snotty and acted like she had no clue what I was talking about. I kept trying to tell her that I had heard it on the radio and that the missing boy was in the Von's parking lot. She said, "What radio station, where are you?" I told her the name of the missing boy, the radio station name, the town name, etc. While I was talking to her I saw the boy going into Rite Aid and told her so. Very rudely she asked, "Which Rite Aid?" I told her that there was only one in Yucca Valley. She finally said, "I guess I'll call it in."
So I hung up, worried that nothing would happen. A box girl who was with me when I was making the call, came and found me in the store about 5 minutes later and told me that a police officer was there with the boy. I was so glad and relieved that he would be alright!

I'm so grateful Heavenly Father put me in the right place at the right time. I'm glad I had the radio on and that I listened to the Spirit whispering to me. At the time I didn't recognize the promptings as the Spirit, but I now know it was. It was almost 6 at night and really really cold outside. He was only wearing a thin t-shirt and hoodie. I don't want to think about what could have happened!

10 comments:

  1. what a great story Jenn. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope he's working things out with his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you. Hope you've written to the paper to report that witch! Thank you for listening to the Spirit! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, wow. You were the Lord's hands that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola , solo pasaba para contarte que hice un blog para haver amigos si te interesa , pasa por http://tengoamigos.blogspot.com/
    ANOTATEEEE!!! gracias

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was an intersting stroy, i hope the kid is doing fine. thanks for sharing this great stroy with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad that you were in the right place at the right time. you are so observant and you did the right thing. god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story!
    I bet those parents felt so much relief that their son was found and its all thanks to you! You should feel proud you did a good deed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. تخلف من مشاكل الانف تعرف على افضل دكتور تجميل انف في بدر  يعتبر الدكتور حامد قدري افضل دكتور تجميل انف في الوطن العربي  صاحب واحدة من اكبر مراكز التجميل يمكنك التواصل معه الان

    ReplyDelete