Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Alyssa's New Hair!

I made haircut appointments for the kids. I figured we all were going to get trims. Our appointment was last night. Alyssa informed me that she wanted to get her hair cut into a bob. She was very specific about showing me what she wanted. When we went into Katie's and she told Katie what she wanted. Katie gave her a book with kids' hairstyles in it. I was trying to point out the longer bobs, but she knew what she wanted and picked this! When the first long strand of hair hit the ground I felt so sad and was just sick about it. She was so excited! The whole time Katie was cutting she kept saying, "It is so cute! I love it!"
She is so happy with her hair and loves it! She kept saying, "My teacher won't know who I am! Maybe she will think I am a new kid." Mrs. Potter maintained that the haircut changed her personality. She says she is so much more bubbly. She feels really good about herself and is so happy!

9 comments:

  1. Hey kiddo, looks good on you. Uncle Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't too sure, but it looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd gone for the bob when I got my fred/ted do years ago. It's very cute on her and I love that she knew just what she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the haircute & love that girl! Maybe I need a new haircut to make me more bubbly. Bubbly is cuter on a six year old than a 30 year old though. I think all my girls are about to get bobs too. I love that she feels so good about herself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her bob and I love her 'tude. It's good to know what you want. I also love her cowlicky little bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so cute-great picture, but you should see her in person. She is so excited about her new look. I'm getting my hair cut today, maybe it will make me more bubbly. Mostly I feel achy and stuffy nosed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Lyssa-Loo's new doo! She has a special place in my heart and I just wish I was there for her to tell me ALL about it! Love you four!

    ReplyDelete